How to read memos of my old phone by new phone or computer?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My old phone Samsung galaxy grand prime (Android lollipop) was disfunctioning and I had copied the entire "beam memo" folder to the new phone (Huawei android pie 9.0) in order to read the memo files of old phone by the new phone. Now the old phone is not working at all, and I can't read those memo files by the new phone since none of the applications are recognising it. These memo files (having extension ".memo") are not recognised by online file reading programs too. Please tell me how to open these files because I had a lot of important things recorded in those memo files.
[email removed for privacy]
Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If the memos came from a Samsung phone, I'd assume Samsung Notes (or S-Notes if it was a really old phone). However, as you might imagine, those apps are only available on Samsung phones, so unless you backed those up to an Evernote account (an option in older S-Notes versions), the only way of doing that is to open the notes in a Samsung phone with the appropriate app, export them into a general format file (JPEG, PDF, TXT) and then transfer back to your Huawei device.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
A .memo file is a ,zip fle containing a media folder and a memo_content.xml file. The text of the memo is in the /contents/content node of the xml document. So open the file in a program like 7-zip (on a PC) or your choice on the Huawei (if you can find one that can open fiies with extensions other than .zip - or rename the file to .zip from .memo), open the xml file in a text editor, find the <contents> tag and copy the text from there to </contents>, then paste it somewhere. If there are media files in the media folder, just extract them as-is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos