Is there anyway I can retrieve Facebook conversations I have deleted with friends, conversations that I deleted 4-5 months ago? I know they cant be retrieved on Facebook itself unless they were archived, unfortunately I wasn't bright enough to archive them at the time. But I heard copies can be stored somewhere on the phones files, is that correct? If so am I able to retrieve them that way, maybe through a recovery tool or something? I'm using Samsung Galaxy A3
    05-13-2019 06:27 PM
    There MAY have been a local copy, but in 4-5 months the section of storage where some or all of those logs was stored is VERY likely to have been overwritten.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    05-13-2019 07:46 PM
    Thanks for your reply hallux and I have just singed up now. Is there a way I could access this possible local copy? I know it may be unlikely now as it was 4-5 months ago, but I'd like to give it a shot to see if it has been saved. Thanks
    05-15-2019 06:38 AM
    You'd need root access (data recovery tools require root access) and knowledge about what you're doing so as not to royally mess up your device.
    05-15-2019 07:26 AM
    I've heard about rooting. I did find it a bit complicated. Do you know any good guides or walkthroughs about rooting, specifically regarding accessing old Facebook conversations?
    05-15-2019 08:30 AM
    specifically regarding accessing old Facebook conversations?
    Not that specific. If we have any info here on rooting that device it'd be in this forum - https://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-a3/

If there's nothing there, the next best resource is XDA - https://forum.xda-developers.com/samsung-a-series

I would caution you about taking on anything you're not comfortable with. If you try to root the device you could end up rendering it unusable, so you not only don't have the info you're looking for but you also have a device that doesn't work. Is this chat history that important?
    05-15-2019 08:45 AM
    There were some family photos and memories in those conversations that I'd like to get back. Unfortunately I didn't save them.
    05-18-2019 03:37 AM
    This post (he asks not to link to the download directly) will get you to TWRP. At that point, I'd much rather install Magisk for a systemless root. (There are also a lot of useful modules you can use with it - MCS, set to 95 40 will give you a longer battery lifetime.) Install the zip in TWRP, then reboot (there's a reboot menu) and install the apk normally (find it in your file manager and tap it, then let it install). If you run into any problems, ask here (if you tag the post with @Rukbat, I'll get an email) or ask on XDA in the Magisk forum.
    05-18-2019 03:40 PM