Verizon-store person treated my Galaxy phone with PureGear Liquid Glass. I'm worried about impact and want to put on a glass screen protector. But would it stick to the treated screen?
    05-15-2019 08:49 AM
    Depends on the protector and the adhesive it uses. Most of the time, it won't stick properly, but your biggest concern should be the rainbow effect as the surface is no longer as smooth as before, so there will be parts of the protector that won't 'stick', and the liquid glass will probably have a different effect on the adhesive.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    05-15-2019 08:57 AM
    I agree with Spook, try take the liquid glass off before installing any other glass protector as it uses it's own glue.
    05-15-2019 09:02 AM
    I've done it with Spiegen liquid and Caseology protectors and haven't really had an issue.
    SpookDroid likes this.
    05-15-2019 09:05 AM
    This is such a confusing situation for a non-techie like me. I regret that I let the Verizon person talk me into the liquid glass, but now I don't want to make the situation worse. Some sources say liquid glass can't even be removed. I'm wondering if maybe I should leave well enough alone. On one hand, my screen looks fine and is very sensitive to touch. On the other hand, I'm scared that I'll drop the phone.
    05-15-2019 10:00 AM
    This is such a confusing situation for a non-techie like me. I regret that I let the Verizon person talk me into the liquid glass, but now I don't want to make the situation worse. Some sources say liquid glass can't even be removed. I'm wondering if maybe I should leave well enough alone. On one hand, my screen looks fine and is very sensitive to touch. On the other hand, I'm scared that I'll drop the phone.
    I'd say try getting a screen protector. What's the worst that will happen...it won't bond well, and fall off? Sure you will be out the cost of the protector, but they aren't that expensive, either.
    05-15-2019 10:07 AM
    If you have insurance on your phone and a good case I would leave it alone as your not having any touch issues.
    05-15-2019 10:07 AM
    Verizon-store person treated my Galaxy phone with PureGear Liquid Glass. I'm worried about impact and want to put on a glass screen protector. But would it stick to the treated screen?
    I think it will be fine over it.
    05-15-2019 10:14 AM
    Thank you for all your input. Much appreciated. I do have an Otter case on the phone, but no insurance. Maybe Golfdriver has a point: what's the worst that could happen if I put a glass screen on top--it could fall off, and I'll be out the cost. Though I suppose I might have touch issues if it doesn't adhere properly, as SpookDroid notes. Hmm...
    05-15-2019 11:55 AM
    Thank you for all your input. Much appreciated. I do have an Otter case on the phone, but no insurance. Maybe Golfdriver has a point: what's the worst that could happen if I put a glass screen on top--it could fall off, and I'll be out the cost. Though I suppose I might have touch issues if it doesn't adhere properly, as SpookDroid notes. Hmm...
    You still shouldn't have touch issues because there are screen protectors that only have adhesive around the edges
    05-15-2019 12:45 PM
    You still shouldn't have touch issues because there are screen protectors that only have adhesive around the edges
    Only way to tell is get one , but I think 2 layer might cause issues.
    05-15-2019 12:52 PM
    Thank you for all your input. Much appreciated. I do have an Otter case on the phone
    If you have an Otterbox case, don't worry about dropping it. I've had phones in Otterbox cases survive a lot more than just being dropped (like being thrown at a wall, screen-first), with no effect (which is why I won't have a phone not in an Otterbox).
    05-15-2019 01:56 PM
    Only way to tell is get one , but I think 2 layer might cause issues.
    It's only a liquid coating.... Doesn't hurt to try with a inexpensive one and Golfdriver has done it
    05-15-2019 04:15 PM
    It's only a liquid coating.... Doesn't hurt to try with a inexpensive one and Golfdriver has done it
    Cool..
    05-15-2019 05:08 PM