IT manager at a transportation company. We have 200 + Tab S2s in the field running google maps and a few other programs in a kiosk mode that locks out most of the functionality. Often when google updates their maps app it breaks the functionality and says that route can't be found. Currently I have to remote view and talk our drivers through taking it out of kiosk mode, re-entering the google play store password and updating. Sometimes these calls take close to 20 minutes because of their inexperience with technology. I have to do this all day long, every day.

How do I prevent the play store from logging them out? I don't want the password to ever expire.

I am questioning if simply turning off authentication being require would fix it. And autoupdate being set to all networks.
    05-15-2019 08:53 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! That shouldn't happen -- I'd wonder if the kiosk program is causing that. Is it possible to test a few tablets with the kiosk program uninstalled?
    05-15-2019 09:34 AM
    Unfortunately I posted this question before creating an account so I can track it. Was surprised it didn't ask me to create account when I submitted the question.
    I could test them that way, but I would have to wait for a while to see if I am logged out from the playstore. Not sure how many days that is.
    05-15-2019 10:28 AM
    Oops sorry, I mistakenly thought all of the devices had the kiosk app installed, but then I re-read your post. Is there some other device management software that's on all of those devices?
    05-15-2019 10:37 AM
    Was surprised it didn't ask me to create account when I submitted the question.
    Guests can post questions, but can't post to existing threads. Some people do "drive-bys" - post a question, see the answer and never come back - until they have another question.
    05-15-2019 01:09 PM