Why does the browser launch a specific web site when I unlock with fingerprint?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

History. I clicked a link my wife sent in a text message. Now every time I unlock the screen with fingerprint or pin the browser launches into that same site. I have cleared cookies, clears browser history on all devices with Chrome, and reset/cleared the site form within Chrome. The same thing happens the next time I unlock. I have exhausted my knowledge base.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Did your wife knowingly send you that link? Do you recall if anything downloaded when you first tapped the link?

Which phone do you have?

dlubinsky

May 16, 2019
Visit site
Yes, she knowingly sent the link. All I recall is the site loading. I have a Samsung Galaxy S9. There does not appear to be any other adverse actions. The site is for a 55+ community in Florida - Del Webb (delwebb in the URL). Appears reputable, I just bewildered as to why it keeps loading on unlock. Thank you for responding!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Try clearing both the app cache and data in Settings>Apps for Chrome. Did the phone also come with Samsung Internet browser? If so, do the same for that browser.

dlubinsky

May 16, 2019
Visit site
I tried both of those suggestions- no joy. I also installed Firefox and made it the default browser and the same thing happened - the page loaded in Firefox. There must be something triggering that page to launch in the default browser when the screen is unlocked. This is very frustrating. Thanks for your help.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo