Hi Guys, I accidently deleted an important audio recording from my phone and have been trying to recover it for several hours. There are a gazillion android recovery softwares on the internet but none of them are free. I ditched iPhone in favor of Android to get more control over my device. However, things don't seem any better with Android either. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S10
    05-16-2019 07:36 AM
    If you deleted it from internal memory all you can do is use a recovery app as you are trying to do. If it's on an SD card you may have others options. Unfortunately apps are not always free. This really isn't about more control over your device on Android vs IOS.
    05-16-2019 07:48 AM
    As someone I used to work with would say "oh, if it's important you can just recover it from your backup. You don't have a backup of it? I guess it wasn't THAT important then" Everyone in the office chuckled a little when we heard that from his cube, not so much because someone lost data, more the delivery of the statement..

I agree, this isn't really an Android vs. iOS topic - most mobile devices don't have a recycle bin such as we have on Windows computers. This is why backing up info that is critical is really important. Any hope of recovering the file will likely require rooting the device and buying a data recovery tool, if the file was on the internal storage.
    05-16-2019 08:05 AM
    See this guide: [Guide] Recovering Deleted Files - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com. Be very wary of anyone posting miracle app solutions in this thread -- they're the Android equivalent of snake oil salesmen.
    05-16-2019 11:22 AM
    As someone I used to work with would say "oh, if it's important you can just recover it from your backup. You don't have a backup of it? I guess it wasn't THAT important then"
    We used to work together? That's been my attitude for decades.
    05-17-2019 06:03 PM
    Just for completeness, download Data Size Explorer and scan. See if by chance you see the file name saved in a separate location. Good luck
    05-17-2019 06:58 PM