i want to use my sim card in a different device. i dont need to unlock the phone for another sim. but i want to unlock the sim to use in another device. how do i go about using the sim from my metro pcs phone?
    05-17-2019 02:20 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which phone do you want to use the SIM card in? Assuming the phone is carrier-unlocked and supports Metro's network bands, you only need to insert the card and it should work. There's no need to unlock a SIM card.
    05-17-2019 02:45 AM
    SIM cards can't be "locked", there's no function on the card to do that. SIM-locking the phone means that it will only accept a SIM from the carrier it's locked to - but SIM cards don't get locked to phones. The carrier doesn't care which phone you're using - as long as you're using their SIM.
    05-17-2019 04:26 PM
    It is possible to set up a SIM lock on some phones: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-30253. Is that what you're talking about? If so, then you should know the PIN you created, assuming this is your SIM card and you created the SIM lock.
    05-17-2019 05:54 PM
    It is possible to set up a SIM lock on some phones: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-30253. Is that what you're talking about? If so, then you should know the PIN you created, assuming this is your SIM card and you created the SIM lock.
    Yes, I have the sim lock with my Tmobile device. To turn it off, OP, go to the security settings and disable the card lock. Reboot to confirm. You should now be able to switch to the sim to another Tmobile or unlocked GSM phone.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    05-17-2019 06:14 PM