Cat S41 root

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

anon(10181084)

Mar 2, 2017
Visit site
https://cetapan.com/how-to-unlock-bootloader-install-twrp-custom-recovery-and-root-cat-s41/ appears to be one way. I'm not thrilled with an app that doesn't give you a choice of rooting methods, so if it were mine I'd unlock the bootloader, then flash TWRP, then get out of the app, run TWRP (go into recovery) and install Magisk. If that doesn't work (it should), you can always flash the stock boot file in bootloader mode, run the app again, and root.
OP contacted me via personal message (I guess I must be considered the S41 "guru" on this forum by now...). Personally, I haven't messed with trying to get root access since I am NOT comfortable with hacking into newer bootloader-locked devices. Last device I've rooted successfully was a Lenovo A369i on Android 4.2 (and a Galaxy Tab 2 on 4.1.2 before that), so I'm not exactly up to date on modern rooting except for reading some scary risky tutorials for installing Magisk/TWRP and removing DM-Verity (this is enough to scare me from rooting any modern expensive device until it is at least 3 years old and/or retired in favor of a new device). Bear in mind that I do LOVE root access and its various advantages (most notably the ability to force your CPU to run full speed non-stop), but the drawbacks and risks on modern bootloader-locked pre-encrypted devices pretty much makes it not worth it unless you either somehow won't get affected by messing up the device or if your device needs root to fix a performance/software issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12