I can view my household cctv on WiFi but not on mobile data...I get advised 'log-in failed'.
    05-19-2019 04:55 PM
    Are you sure your CCTV server/app is accessible outside WiFi (has an external IP)?
    05-19-2019 09:32 PM
    I can view my household cctv on WiFi but not on mobile data...I get advised 'log-in failed'.
    Usually it's the other way around.
    05-20-2019 06:13 AM
    Normally such a thing does not happen. If we access our CCTV on wi-fi then it should be working fine on mobile data also. Please check if CCTV App has properly set up its settings because internet service provider doesn't block any such kind of apps.
    05-21-2019 09:15 AM
    Normally such a thing does not happen. If we access our CCTV on wi-fi then it should be working fine on mobile data also. Please check if CCTV App has properly set up its settings because internet service provider doesn't block any such kind of apps.
    Not exactly. Again, if the app/hardware is designed for locally connected networks and the network you're on doesn't have a public IP (most home connections don't), it might work in WiFi (because you're INSIDE the network) but mobile data will need the external IP to work with.
    05-21-2019 01:13 PM
    Are you the OP? Can you post a screen shot of your configuration screen with the dns? Block out any personally identifying info.
    05-21-2019 01:38 PM
    Advised by Swann (cctv camera/dvd manufacturer) to obtain my mobile's IP address from canyouseeme.org and use that on the configuration screen. Everything now working fine on WiFi and data. Easy when you know how! Many thanks to all of you who answered my query.
    SpookDroid likes this.
    05-24-2019 10:40 AM