Is there an SD card slot on my Alcatel One Touch A460T phone? I am angry with the store that sold me this as I said I wanted to take photos and videos with it and I ended up with a phone that only 2 GB of built in storage. On top of that I can live with the fact that I can't use apps on extra storage that can be added to the phone although I wish I would have been told more about how limiting this internal storage is. So anyway I looked all over the net for info. about this phone and hope for a YouTube video that showed what I am seeing in my phone. I think there may be an SD card reader in it but it is located in an odd spot on the side of the phone. I also noticed in some spot in the settings it mentioned expanding with an SD card but wasn't sure if it was just a general statement about Alcatel phones or if I could do it with this one.

Also with this model can I add external storage through the micro USB or not?

Thanks for your time ...

Sean
    05-20-2019 01:02 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Yes there is -- see page 6 of the manual: https://www.phonearena.com/phones/Al..._id9046/manual

FYI, this is the Alcatel OneTouch Pixi 3 (4), also known as the TCL A460T (i.e., "A460T" isn't the Alcatel model number).

That phone will only be able to use the SD card for saving media and documents. It's possible that it has the Move to SD feature for apps, which means you can move a portion of an app (not the whole thing) to the SD card -- go to Settings>Apps, select an app, and see if there's a Move to SD option. But when installing an app, it still has to download and install to Internal Storage first before you can try moving it to SD.
    05-20-2019 01:35 AM