From March 2017 until August 2018 those messages were deleted for some reason. And they happened to be messages that were important regarding a divorce family court issued
    05-20-2019 10:00 PM
    You would need a court order to get your messages
    05-20-2019 10:03 PM
    Deleted from where? Deleted by who?

If they were deleted from a phone, and if the phone has not been used enough for the space to be recycled for new messages, then a (expensive) data recovery service might be able to recover them.
    05-21-2019 12:25 AM
    05-21-2019 05:33 AM
    Hard lesson learned. Backup everything, and have redundant backups for really important things like this.
    05-21-2019 08:15 AM
    Hard lesson learned. Backup everything, and have redundant backups for really important things like this.
    What's strange is that even if it's your own info the carriers won't provide it without a legal basis. I guess they don't want to get caught up in any potential liabilities.
    05-21-2019 09:29 AM
    What's strange is that even if it's your own info the carriers won't provide it without a legal basis. I guess they don't want to get caught up in any potential liabilities.
    Most likely. In trucking, companies are only required to keep driver logs for 6 months, so they all delete them at that point. With most everyone being on electronic logs now, drivers typically don't retain personal copies. That becomes an issue at tax time for certain tax deductions. If the driver needs an entire year's worth of logs, it's up to them to make and retain their own copies.

So even when a service provider should have records, it's still on the individual to make sure backups are in place that they can access even if the provider fails to deliver.
    05-21-2019 01:36 PM