I have a very old smartphone (HTC Incredible) that I would like to be able to use just for a couple of games. It does not have data service through a provider (it is CDMA as it was originally with Verizon). It's been factory reset and only has the original "Market" instead of the Play Store. When I go to open it, it takes me to a User License but there is nothing to click. Other times I get an error. Regardless, I would like to be able to get the Play Store so I can download a couple of games. What is my best attack here? Also, once I get the Play Store, will games generally work, or is the version of Android so out of date that they won't work anyways.

Thanks in advance.
    05-23-2019 04:17 PM
    05-23-2019 04:56 PM
    As for will games work, that is really up to the Dev. of the game. If the game was around when that version of Android was out you might get lucky. I doubt they removed compatibility but I would also doubt that they would add compatibility to new games for older versions of Android.

Meanwhile I just had to comment being a former Incredible owner myself. I don't even think I know where those phones are, but I had two of them. The Incredible was my first smartphone and I stuck with HTC from then up until this year when I was incredibly let down by the U12+. I miss Sense but I'm getting used to One UI. Good luck, if you get it working post back what your experience is, I'd be curious how the Incredible stands the test of time.
    05-23-2019 08:40 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! I doubt you'll be able to upgrade to the Play Store, although give the steps in belodion's link a try. But even if you can upgrade to the Play Store, you'll probably still have a lot of compatibility issues, since that phone's OS version is completely obsolete.

The Incredible was my first Android phone as well! Good times.
    05-23-2019 10:42 PM