My keyboard just refused to work after booting my laptop. I've detached and reattached the keyboard, toggled onscreen keyboard on and off, tried customer support. Nothing works.
    In their last email, they practically told me they don't deal with Africans.
    What can I do?
    05-26-2019 02:28 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! How old is the device? It may just be that the hardware has failed. RCA is a budget brand, and is not known for reliable devices. Try cleaning the contacts for the keyboard, and also see if it works in Safe Mode. On most Android devices, while powered on, press and hold Power until the Power Off menu appears. Press and hold the Power Off selection until the Safe Mode prompt appears. Tap OK.

I obviously can't speak for RCA customer service, and I also obviously wasn't present for your interaction, but I suspect that what they were telling you was that your device is not covered by their warranty since you're in a country outside of where the device was meant to be sold. This is not unusual -- for example, one of the pitfalls of purchasing a grey-market international device for use in the US is that the warranty won't be honored.
    05-26-2019 06:55 PM