Why are there so many compatibility issues with head units being sold as Android Auto compatible and phones.

Twice now I have been stung with an expensive double din head unit only to discover at first fix install that it is not compatible with my Samsung S7.

How can they sell these with promises at the point of sale and then go .... "your device is not on this list" once you ask for help ?

It's a minefield.

Add to that the fact that you could upgrade your phone and find yourself rendering your £500+ head unit virtually useless.

It absolutely stinks.
    05-27-2019 12:15 PM
    Twice now I have been stung with an expensive double din head unit only to discover at first fix install that it is not compatible with my Samsung S7.
    You should check you phone with head units in the store, to ensure compatibility.

How can they sell these with promises at the point of sale
    Many stores only care about your money - shop at stores that know what they're doing.

and then go .... "your device is not on this list" once you ask for help ?
    In the trade, that's called "lie of the day". Translation: "We have no idea, so this is today's lie."

Add to that the fact that you could upgrade your phone and find yourself rendering your £500+ head unit virtually useless.
    Then you have to upgrade your head unit. Most head units can be updated with a file you can download from the manufacturer's site.

When an improvement to Bluetooth comes along, would you rather the entire industry ignore it? Or would you rather that the new phones come with it, the new head units come with it, and you have to update older units (phones and head units)?
    05-27-2019 12:57 PM