Why is my notification sound tied to my media volume?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Two days ago I purchased a Roav Bolt with the Google Assistant and since then even when my phone is on mute if my media volume is up, all of my notifications come through as sound. Essentially it seems as though my notification sound is now synced with my media volume and not my ringer volume. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Ringer volume is strictly for when the phone is ringing. Most other media goes through the Media channel. That's normal. If Roav was doing it differently before, they finally caught their mistake and fixed it.

Montystackhouse

Jun 1, 2019
Visit site
I found the setting that was causing the issue. In bluetooth are of settings there is a setting called phone ringtone sync. It was causing notification sounds to come through even if the phone was on vibrate or mute. For example: I set the phone to vibrate but Instagram notification sounds still came through and would only be decreased if the media volume was turned down.

Martin Bartlett

Dec 12, 2021
Visit site
Thank you for the suggestion of the Bluetooth sync setting! I've had the same problem on a Samsung Note 9 for a while - it has been very frustrating! Hopefully disabling that option will fix it!

(But that's surely a 'defect' in Android)

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thank you for the suggestion of the Bluetooth sync setting! I've had the same problem on a Samsung Note 9 for a while - it has been very frustrating! Hopefully disabling that option will fix it!

(But that's surely a 'defect' in Android)
Welcome to AC!
Probably not going get much response here but let me know how that setting works out so we can try different things