I keep my Huawei P20 Pro on silent but recently it has suddenly started making sounds for notifications. I've tried putting Do Not Disturb mode on and that doesn't work either. If I restart the device the notifications stop making sounds for a little while but then they just start again. Any ideas on why this has suddenly started happening and how I can fix it?

Android Version 9.0.0.255
    EMUI Version 9.0.0
    06-01-2019 05:54 AM
    It sounds like an app. I say this because you can restart the phone and it stops, until that app starts in the background and then you're getting the sounds. To test this start the phone in safe mode and see if it lasts longer. In safe mode apps don't start until initiated by the user. Then you have to find the app responsible... Do you have any apps that you can think of that you recently installed or installed around the time you first noticed this behavior? You might find it if you look at your do not disturb exceptions... See if anything has permission to ignore do not disturb or give nothing permission and test to see if you're still getting them.
    06-01-2019 06:30 AM