Hey Everyone,

My wife and I both bought new Galaxy S10+'s back in April, as a long time Samsung phone user, to say im not too thrilled with this model would be an understatement

My wife is currently on her second phone because the first one started smoking at the charging port and the port literally burned up. She got hers replaced but since then, she has gone through 3 chargers and I have gone through 2. Keep in mind we both had Galaxy S8's before and had the same charger for 2 + years. it seems to be the same issue over and over again, they charge (fast charge) fine for a week or 2 then they go down to normal "slow" charging. Then we will get a message that the phone detected moisture in the charging port or charger (there is none) and then the phone will not charge with that charger anymore.

Now I know what everyone is thinking "you are doing something stupid with your charger" or "you dropped the phone in water". I can say honestly neither of these are the case. I have been working in IT for many years and understand how frustrating it can be to troubleshoot when someone does not give all of the information up front so I am trying to do that (though I'm sure I will forget something).

I will give an example of what just happened today, my phone was sitting overnight in the charger on my desk. charged fine overnight, this morning I walk into my bedroom to hear the phone beeping, in the same position it had been in for 8+ hours, saying "moisture detected in charger/charging port".

I might think it was a "bad phone" but again, my wife's is doing the same thing.

One other thing that i have found is that the "fast charge" only works when it wants to. To the extent that i have plugged in a charger, it will charge on fast charge for 20 minutes and say "1 hour to full charge" then after 20 minutes switch to "charging" and say "1 hour 45 minutes to full charge"

I suppose it is possible that my wife and I both received 3 defective phones (including the phone she had that start smoking) but I just don't think that is very likely.

Also, the home chargers have all been Samsung branded and the car chargers have been AT&T branded (i have yet to find an official Samsung fast charge car charger; would love a link if anyone has one)

Anyone have any similar experiences? Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    06-02-2019 01:27 PM
    Hey Everyone,

My wife and I both bought new Galaxy S10+'s back in April, as a long time Samsung phone user, to say im not too thrilled with this model would be an understatement

My wife is currently on her second phone because the first one started smoking at the charging port and the port literally burned up. she got her's replaced but since then, she has went through 3 chargers and I have went through 2. Keep in mind we both had Galaxy S8's before hand and had the same charger for 2 + years. it seems to be the same issue over and over again, they charge (fast charge) fine for a week or 2 then they go down to normal "slow" charging. Then we will get a message that the phone detected moisture in the charging port or charger (there is none) and then the phone will not charge with that charger anymore.

Now I know what everyone is thinking "you are doing something stupid with your charger" or "you dropped the phone in water". I can say honestly neither of these are the case. I have been working in IT for many years and understand how frustrating it can be to troubleshoot when someone does not give all of the information up front so I am trying to do that (though im sure I will forget something).

I will give an example of what just happened today, my phone was sitting overnight in the charger on my desk. charged fine overnight, this morning I walk into my bedroom to hear the phone beeping, in the same position it had been in for 8+ hours, saying "moisture detected in charger/charging port".

I might think it was a "bad phone" but again, my wife's is doing the same thing.

One other thing that i have found is that the "fast charge" only works when it wants too. to the extent that i have plugged in a charger, it will charge on fast charge for 20 minutes and say "1 hour to full charge" then after 20 minutes switch to "charging" and say "1 hour 45 minutes to full charge"

I suppose it is possible that my wife and i both recieved 3 defective phones (including the phone she had start smoking) but I just dont think that is very likley.

Also, the home chargers have all been Samsung branded and the car chargers have been AT&T branded (i have yet to find an official Samsung fast charge car charger would love a link if anyone has one)

Anyone have any similar experiences? Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    I would monitor this in safe mode
    Also have you tried a different wall outlet to eliminate that as a possible problem?
    06-02-2019 01:35 PM
    High humidity can cause the "moisture detected" message. So can having the phone in the bathroom when you're running hot water (even if the phone isn't near water).

But it sounds as if Samsung Quality Assurance has just gone down the tubes. They used to make excellent phones, and excellent chargers (actually power supplies - the charger is inside the phone). My Note 3 hasn't had a problem yet. But these days ... that's one of the reasons I started buying Pixels. (The Note 7 didn't give me a warm feeling either - and all they had to do was pull random batteries from their battery vendors and subject thm to stress testing, which is what normal companies do.)
    06-02-2019 05:19 PM