I saw lots of waiting texts for me after my drive, despite text notifications (both audible and vibrating) being turned on. Are those methods disabled while paired with the car via Bluetooth?

Safety I would guess, if so...

The next question would be... is their an App that allows those enabled?

06-02-2019 02:16 PM
    I don't pair with my car but I pair with a Bluetooth AUX device in my car and I get the notifications through my speakers. Now when I'm paired I'm listening to something through the speakers anyway, and not just paired, so it dulls down the playing audio and plays the sound, then resumes playback. It may also vibrate but I have it in a mount or on the seat next to me so I really don't know. The difference between what I describe and what you may be experiencing is that I am actively listening to audio from my device so when a notification goes off I'm kind of already playing the phone through the speakers. If you are simply pairing with a head unit in your car for hands free, it may only play or alert you to calls and assume that any kind of text alert would be distracting. There may be a setting in your head unit that would play all notifications but I doubt with the whole distracted driver thing you'll find anyone willing to take the risk of putting out an app that would override silencing of notifications while paired in your car. The liability would be humungous.

Now my little AUX Bluetooth device was about $10 at Big Lots or Family Dollar. It works great and plays calls through the speakers just like those expensive head units and stuff. The draw back is I can't listen to the regular radio if I want to use it as a hands free device. I have to play radio through something like the Tune in Radio app or iHeart Radio, something that originates from the phone and then I get all of the other stuff. More like using Bluetooth headphones than anything else.
    06-02-2019 10:31 PM