What is wrong with talk to text on my Galaxy S10? I speak as clearly as I can and it comes up was the most garbled, ridiculous responses, including inserting words I never even said. My previous phone was a Galaxy S6 Mini, and the talk to text was a little cranky, but I am constantly editing the nonsense this S10 puts out!
    06-02-2019 09:51 PM
    What is wrong with talk to text on my Galaxy S10? I speak as clearly as I can and it comes up was the most garbled, ridiculous responses, including inserting words I never even said. My previous phone was a Galaxy S6 Mini, and the talk to text was a little cranky, but I am constantly editing the nonsense this S10 puts out!
    You can use Google text to talk instead of Samsung.
    VidJunky and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-02-2019 09:54 PM
    What with the talk to text on my Galaxy S10? I speak as clearly as I can and half the time I swear it's just guessing what I'm saying, including inserting words I never said. It will also stop recording at random moments, and sometimes gives error messages that boop when I touch the talk button. **NOTE: It does NOT matter if I use the Google or Samsung voice input, the results are the same!!** My previous phone was a Galaxy S6 Mini, and the talk to text was a little cranky, but I am constantly editing the nonsense this S10 puts out! This is so incredibly frustrating.
    06-20-2019 01:09 PM
    Duplicate threads merged. Please register on this forum so that you can easily respond within the thread you created. Join the Android Central Community! - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
    06-20-2019 01:18 PM
    It's possible that the mic is bad enough to distort what you're saying. Run a voice recorder to hear what the phone hears you saying. (Normally I'd write it off as phone speech-to-text not being as good as, say, Dragon Naturally Speaking, but Google and Samsung would mess up differently. On my Pixel 2, with the June update, "This is a test of the <newline> Google speech-to-text converter <period>" came out exactly that way. 2 lines, the hyphens and a period at the end (and Google upper-cased). So it's evidently something in your phone, not in Android.)
    06-20-2019 03:22 PM