It is in view of the ~ban~ on Huawei phones that I am asking this question.
    My Mother and I have the very same Huawei phone and have really enjoyed them. If I do use our credit to buy this type phone (...IF I can FIND ONE!), will it matter if it is new or used? Will Google uphold a new Huawei purchase of this type phone at this time since I am still a Huawei owner?
    Just very undecided at this point and would welcome advice from any who have had the same experience or who know more than I do about Android phones.
    We are with AT&T in case that makes any difference.
    Thanks!
    06-03-2019 07:39 PM
    It is in view of the ~ban~ on Huawei phones that I am asking this question.
    My Mother and I have the very same Huawei phone and have really enjoyed them. If I do use our credit to buy this type phone (...IF I can FIND ONE!), will it matter if it is new or used?
    Definitely. If it's been misused, if the screen is broken, if there's some unrepairable defect that's the reason the seller is selling it - that's bad.

Will Google uphold a new Huawei purchase of this type phone at this time since I am still a Huawei owner?
    Google has nothing to do with the phone. Will you still be able to install apps from Play, use Gmail, etc? Yes. Only phones made after about the middle of September are affected. (There's a month delay, so when the ban goes into effect in the middle of August, Huawei will already be working on September software.)

Just very undecided at this point and would welcome advice from any who have had the same experience or who know more than I do about Android phones.
    We are with AT&T in case that makes any difference.
    Not really. As long as the phone is made for the US market, it should work where you are. (The phone has the 1700MHz LTE band, one of the ones AT&T uses. Evidently they use it where you are. [The XT2 is actually the AT&T version of the Y7.])

I'd prefer a different phone, but I'm a power user. A 16GB phone with a Snapdragon 400 series SoC would end up in my drawer in 5 minutes. But if you and your mother like it, and your husband likes it, there's nothing wrong with it. It wasn't slated for updates when it was released, so the "ban" won't have any effect.
    06-04-2019 04:17 PM