Hacked Galaxy S8+

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Had my phone since new back in 2017 no issues however someone has hacked my phone, Removed my Google account so now stuck in recovery mode.
Recently purchased a VodaFone sim card in Spain now if I insert receive phone calls from Valencia, assume they are advising me I have to pay to get control of my phone back, in Spanish!

Is there any way of getting control of my phone back? Can a mobile carrier reset? Anyone reset my phone to 2 days ago?

Any suggestions as I cannot get past the verify me page on factory reset, now I get a message an unauthorized access to my account has been attempted! Connect to Wifi to verify who I am however cannot as the google account has changed by the hackers!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Is there any way of getting control of my phone back?
Yes, reflash the ROM. (See [Samsung] How to flash Stock ROM via ODIN.)

Can a mobile carrier reset?
That depends on the carrier - some will reflash for you, some won't.

Anyone reset my phone to 2 days ago?
No, only to the way it was when you got it.

Any suggestions as I cannot get past the verify me page on factory reset, now I get a message an unauthorized access to my account has been attempted!
Try Google Account Recovery.

Connect to Wifi to verify who I am however cannot as the google account has changed by the hackers!
If you can't recover the account, you'll have to reflash the ROM and make a different Google account.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon