Hi upgraded from note 9 a week ago and noticed that this phone is getting down to 5% battery remaining in the evening when my note9 would have 30% or more. My research indicates battery is supposed to be better on the 10+ but I'm not finding it to be true. The phone sits idle a good chunk of my work day. I've performed same optimization that I set on the note9 such as power optimization, turning off auto play in all apps that have video content. Blocking notifications on nearly every app. Allowing screen to auto adjust brightness. I don't allow always on display. I don't use a Screensaver. I don't use automated themes or backgrounds.

I don't stream videos or music, don't watch you tube most days. Simply surf the net reading articles is Probably number 1 activity. Email is second. Messenging time would be next as well as audible book downloaded to phone and playing on my commute, approx 1 hour a day.

I do not use the edge bar or edge lighting and turned those off a few days ago.

I do have airwatch one installed for work access, as well as new airwatch "hub" - that's one difference from note9.

I have restarted the phone each day the past 3 days, not specifically for battery reasons but app install/deletes and just received software update today. I mention it in case a question is when's the last time you powered off.

The other thing different on this is the fingerprint sensor which I am using, although somewhat ineffectively. Can't say I've found it to be very responsive and it's frustrating.

When I review battery usage I see either chrome or one ui at the top of the list. That is second thing different from note9, I made chrome default browser where in the past I always used the native browser on the note9.

Any ideas of other things to check?
    06-04-2019 10:40 PM
    Hi upgraded from note 9 a week ago and noticed that this phone is getting down to 5% battery remaining in the evening when my note9 would have 30% or more. My research indicates battery is supposed to be better on the 10+ but I'm not finding it to be true. The phone sits idle a good chunk of my work day. I've performed same optimization that I set on the note9 such as power optimization, turning off auto play in all apps that have video content. Blocking notifications on nearly every app. Allowing screen to auto adjust brightness. I don't allow always on display. I don't use a Screensaver. I don't use automated themes or backgrounds.

I don't stream videos or music, don't watch you tube most days. Simply surf the net reading articles is Probably number 1 activity. Email is second. Messenging time would be next as well as audible book downloaded to phone and playing on my commute, approx 1 hour a day.

I do not use the edge bar or edge lighting and turned those off a few days ago.

I do have airwatch one installed for work access, as well as new airwatch "hub" - that's one difference from note9.

I have restarted the phone each day the past 3 days, not specifically for battery reasons but app install/deletes and just received software update today. I mention it in case a question is when's the last time you powered off.

The other thing different on this is the fingerprint sensor which I am using, although somewhat ineffectively. Can't say I've found it to be very responsive and it's frustrating.

When I review battery usage I see either chrome or one ui at the top of the list. That is second thing different from note9, I made chrome default browser where in the past I always used the native browser on the note9.

Any ideas of other things to check?
    The note 9 and s10+ should be very close in battery , in the s10 you can take it one notch more and enable adaptive power saving mode which will further save you battery , that can be found in the drop down notifications panel long press battery and enable it
    06-04-2019 11:40 PM