Commercials emitted by Android Launcher do not allow me to sleep

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Dear member of Android:

The aim of this message is complaining about the inteference of
commercials emitted by Android Launcher. Currently, I live in Bogotá
and I use Samsung 5J Pro (IMEI -- removed).
In the last months I have recieved hundreds of commercials by BEAT.
Some of them played music and images when I was not using my device.
Once, when I was ready to sleep and the lights of my room turned off I
could hear the strident sound of that commercial by Beat. I found it
outraging and disrespectful. How can a commercial emitted by a phone
paid by me, violate my intimacy? Initially I did not identify the app
that produced them; however, when I used the option that allows to see
apps organized in mosaic I could identify the responsable was "Android
Launcher". I was astonished. I had trusted in the clear and
trustworthy service of Android during years. It was difficult to
believe that the company that I highly respected was responsable of
the commercials that have interrupted my working gatherings, my sleep
time and of course my duties. I would like to complain for this
uncomfortable decision that has led Android to bother users. And I
also would like to know if there is any option to solve this
situation.

Sincerely yours,

Iván C Viveros G

Last edited by a moderator:

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Rest assured this is NOT coming from the stock launcher (especially since in Samsung phones there is no such thing and they're either Samsung OneUI, Experience, or TouchWiz depending on your version). This is coming from an app YOU installed. Unfortunately there is no easy way to pin point these if they aren't flagged by an ad network detector app. If you downloaded a 3rd party launcher, then start there (disable/un install).

Also, these forums are in no way affiliated with Google (Android developer) nor Samsung.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I agree with @SpookDroid I run a Pixel device and the Android Launcher on that device emits no such ads. The only ads that I get served on either my Pixel 2 XL or my Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 are ones served within apps, while I'm in said apps.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
In all phones I've had, and all the Samsung phones my wife has used, we've never had this sort of issue from any stock app. These sorts of pervasive ads (and I do sympathise with your frustration) are often from sketchy apps of questionable legality and cleaner apps. If you've installed anything like that, start there. Remove any sketchy apps, if for no other reason than to be sure you're not violating any laws. Cleaner apps, especially memory booster apps, should be deleted anyway because most of them fight against the system and don't help anything.

If you've done that, then you'll have to go through apps one by one. Uninstall, then go a day or two to see if it still happens. If so, go to the next app, uninstall and test. Do this until you find the offending app, then look for alternatives to it without such intrusive ads or pay for an ad free version.

And as Spook said, this is an independent website. It's just a bunch of enthusiasts sharing knowledge, so complaining to us about something a developer, manufacturer, or Google is doing, expecting them to change, is a waste of time. It's not that it'll fall on deaf ears, but rather, those ears aren't here to begin with.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Also, if you have any apps by Cheetah Mobile, uninstall them. They're a known source of problems, a known source of ads and a company that's known to steal your data and send it back to Cheetah.

Casualballer

Apr 28, 2019
Visit site
Rest assured this is NOT coming from the stock launcher (especially since in Samsung phones there is no such thing and they're either Samsung OneUI, Experience, or TouchWiz depending on your version). This is coming from an app YOU installed. Unfortunately there is no easy way to pin point these if they aren't flagged by an ad network detector app. If you downloaded a 3rd party launcher, then start there (disable/un install).

Also, these forums are in no way affiliated with Google (Android developer) nor Samsung.

What would be a good recommendation for an ad network detector app?