I have a Galaxy note 9 running 8.1 and would like to stay there. My phone is the T-Mobile branded one. Unfortunately it seems that my phone has downloaded the OTA update to pie and is asking me to install it. I clicked "Later" but I'm afraid that won't last forever. How can I delete the downloaded data and also disable the update from happening in the future?

I am a complete novice when it comes to software stuff so things like "flashing" memory etc may be beyond my scope unless it's very simple.
    06-07-2019 02:39 PM
    I have a Galaxy note 9 running 8.1 and would like to stay there. My phone is the T-Mobile branded one. Unfortunately it seems that my phone has downloaded the OTA update to pie and is asking me to install it. I clicked "Later" but I'm afraid that won't last forever. How can I delete the downloaded data and also disable the update from happening in the future?

I am a complete novice when it comes to software stuff so things like "flashing" memory etc may be beyond my scope unless it's very simple.
    I wouldn't prevent pie , you may not like the new icons or certain things but you have the theme store, Nova and other things that get you back to liking it, what you dont get if you dont update not up to date security for the phone latest OS things and apps that might not be compatible. If you dont know how to flash I think you should stay away from this.
    belodion likes this.
    06-07-2019 02:42 PM
    After a while you get so used to pie that when someone asks you a question bout Oreo, you have to google for the answer.

(But if you're really determined to not update, see HOW TO: Root Galaxy Note 9 on Android Pie Firmware. If you ever decide to let it update, you can disable Magisk, update and re-enable Magisk. You also get all the Magisk modules, some of which you may want. Remember Topjohnwu in your thoughts - he made rooting almost trivial.)
    06-08-2019 05:13 PM