I have a moto g5 plus and I'm running out of internal storage.

I have gone to settings>storage>photos and videos>Images. I see that I have 21 GB of "images" When I click on "images," the only option is to remove "photos on device". Those are clearly not the problem, as there are only 3 of them. The rest are backed up to google photos and have been removed from storage.

I use CamScanner A LOT and I'm sure that most of the images are from using that app. Note: I use the Free Up Storage function on Camscanner which should clear the images. I thought that was working, but now that I look at my storage breakdown, I that's the only thing it can be. I don't seem to be able to access the images (presumably from camscanner) that are taking up the vast bulk of my storage so that I might remove them. Any suggestions?
    06-07-2019 03:04 PM
    Use a file manager, looking for .jpg and .pdf files. Check each one and delete the ones you don't need. (If they're stored in Camscanners folder, you'll have to root the phone to get there. (See https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...&postcount=236 - I'd suggest Magisk. It's systemless, currently maintained, and there are a lot of very handy modules you can use with it. [I can leave my charger plugged in for days, but the phone will never charge past 95%, which is a good safety precaution. Also Greenify and Enable Doze will save a lot of battery. There are others you might want - you can see them all once the app is installed.]) The phone is already out of warranty, so the "your warranty will be void" warning is meaningless.
    06-07-2019 05:21 PM
    I'll give it a shot. Thanks!
    06-07-2019 06:20 PM
    DiskUsage can also be useful to tell you what's taking up that space and where the files are located.
    06-08-2019 09:05 PM