• Start date
A

Android Central Question

Its a zte android and you can't see nothing on the screen

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Does this persist after a reboot? You can force a shutdown by pressing and holding Power for about 20 seconds, then waiting a few seconds, and powering on normally. If you hear sounds or feel vibrations consistent with the phone turning on, but the screen remains completely black, then the screen has likely failed, and you have to get it replaced.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I've seen very few devices that will let you exceed a visible limit on screen darkness, but if you can't see anything are you sure there is a display?

The screen (what you can see as a display) and the digitizer (what accepts your touch input) are two different things and you can have one work without the other. So you could see the display and your touch means nothing or you could see nothing but the device still responds to your touch input. If you didn't change the display settings your backlight may have gone out but that is usually built into the screen these days and would still mean a display change.

If the screen brightness is set to adaptive, try shining a flashlight on the top of the phone usually near the camera. Under bright light the phone should try to get brighter so that you can view the display. It may also work somewhat as a back light if yours has gone out allowing you to see some display on the screen. Then you can try pulling the notification bar and seeing where your brightness is set and allow you to adjust it.

Become a member to respond to this thread, having a two way conversation could make solving the issue easier.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Also, did you ever install a 3rd party screen dimming app, like Lux? Those kinds of apps can be a bit risky, because they do allow the user to dim the screen to completely black.