I have an Android phone (5041C) with Android Version 8.1.0 and i cant download anything. When I attempt to download anything on The Play Store, it will progress to 100%, restart the download, reaches 100%, then says it cannot download the application. When I try from my browser, the error message "app not installed" appears. Ive tried many possible solutions and none have worked. For example: Storage- clearing storage is not a problem as ive tried downloading 4kb apps (smallest app) as a test and it would not install. Cache/data- I have cleared cache and data, even restored to factory version of The Play Store and restart my phone but still will not fix it. Background data- my background data is completely unrestricted. Zero barriers Unknown sources- accessibility to the sources are allowed. I need help. Thank you
    06-12-2019 03:14 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! I assume you have the Alcatel Tetra. Does this happen on both wi-fi and mobile data? Did you already try clearing the app cache and data from the Play Store app and the Download Manager app? To find the latter in the Settings>Apps​ menu, tap Menu>Show System first.
    06-12-2019 04:16 AM
    I had to repost this question because I could not respond to the last thread. I have an Alcatel Tetra Android phone (5041C) with Android Version 8.1.0 and i cant download anything. When I attempt to download anything on The Play Store, it will progress to 100%, restart the download, reaches 100%, then says it cannot download the application. When I try from my browser, the error message "app not installed" appears. Ive tried many possible solutions and none have worked. For example: Storage- clearing storage is not a problem as ive tried downloading 4kb apps (smallest app) as a test and it would not install. Cache/data- I have cleared cache and data, even restored to factory version of The Play Store and restart my phone but still will not fix it. Background data- my background data is completely unrestricted. Zero barriers. I need help. Thank you
    06-12-2019 12:13 PM
    I merged your duplicate threads. From what you typed, it's still not entirely clear to me if you cleared the cache and data from both the Play Store app and the Download Manager app. I'm assuming you did for the Play Store app, but not everyone does so for Download Manager as well.
    06-12-2019 11:46 PM