I own a ANS UL40 phone. Yesterday, after turning it on, I noticed that I could not use my Recent icon or my Home icon, but I can use the Back icon. Because the Recent icon doesn't work, I have to use the Back icon to get to the Home screen.

Also, the Airplane Mode disappeared from the screen which has the Power Off option and the Restart option.

I also noticed that my Notifications don't show even though I do have email and missed phone calls.

The phone changed in other minor ways also. How can I correct this problem without doing a Factory Data Reset?

Thank you.
    06-14-2019 04:20 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Try booting into Safe Mode, which temporarily disables all 3rd party apps. On most Android devices, while powered on, press and hold Power until the Power Off menu appears. Press and hold the Power Off selection until the Safe Mode prompt appears. Tap OK.
    06-14-2019 10:53 PM
    Hello. I got into Safe Mode, but the problem still persists.
    06-15-2019 04:33 PM
    That suggests that the problem is either with the system software or the hardware. In what other minor ways has the phone changed?

At this point, you may just have to do a factory reset. Back up or sync all of your important data first.
    06-16-2019 04:13 AM
    Hi. I did the Factory Reset. Regarding how the phone changed, the Airplane Mode option was not showing on the menu with the Power Off and Restart options, the phone started rotating again even though I chose the option to prevent this, and my pull down menu on the Home page only had four choices instead of the other numerous choices like Bluetooth, Do not Disturb, etc.
    06-16-2019 04:04 PM
    Are the Home and Recent Apps buttons working now, though?

Airplane Mode is typically not in the Power Off options -- it should be in the swipedown Quick Settings. If you don't see the toggle there, edit your Quick Settings, because you can add or remove toggles. (To edit the Quick Settings, look for a pen icon.)

When is it auto-rotating? On the homescreen? For certain apps only? Some apps force rotation to landscape or to portrait, even if you have auto-rotate turned off.
    06-17-2019 01:43 PM