galaxy note 4 asks for password when none was set up

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

my fathers galaxy note 4 has just asked him for a password in order to be unlocked when he never set one up. nobody could have had access to the phone in order to make a password without his realising. he tells me (google alerted him to the fact that) somebody attempted to access his gmail account but to the best of my knowledge you cant set an android password via email.
is this a known bug of some kind? is there something malicious at play here.
any help would be much appreciated as a factory reset is obviously not preferable for him.
thank you

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
my fathers galaxy note 4 has just asked him for a password in order to be unlocked when he never set one up. nobody could have had access to the phone in order to make a password without his realising. he tells me (google alerted him to the fact that) somebody attempted to access his gmail account but to the best of my knowledge you cant set an android password via email.
is this a known bug of some kind? is there something malicious at play here.
any help would be much appreciated as a factory reset is obviously not preferable for him.
thank you
At some point someone added a password, now the only way around this is access your Google or Samsung account and follow the procedure , because even factory reset you'll need to enter your Google credentials to move past set up page .

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke