I've searched and haven't found an answer. I have a Note 9 originally thru Verizon. We switched to Straight talk and I'm currently using a Verizon(straight talk) sim. The signal isn't great and I'm unable to send MMS messages.
    I put an active At&T sim card from my friend's phone into my phone and it changed the boot load to an At&t logo and added all of their bloatware. Everything worked as it should.

Straight talk is telling me my phone might not work correctly with an at&t sim in it because it's not originally an at&t phone.
    Can anyone verify this for me? From what I've found my note 9 supports all of the bands and frequencies required.
    Any help is greatly appreciated!!
    06-20-2019 05:36 PM
    If it already worked on AT&T, it will work on AT&T. (If you believe the first level Straight Talk salesdroids, I have a few bridges to sell you.) You might not get some features, like WiFi voice (although AT&T switched to that about 2 years ago - maybe longer, who remembers?). Just make sure that your friend on AT&T is getting a solid signal wherever you need a signal. Usually, if Verizon coverage is poor, everyone's coverage will be poor. (Unless you're out in the boonies, and there's an AT&T reflection covering your house, but nothing from Verizon.)
    Smitty901 likes this.
    06-20-2019 05:47 PM
    I definitely question their reliability in any answer they give. Pretty sure they copy and paste from cue cards all day long! Lol
    I appreciate your reply I'm hoping this will work!! Love my note 9 and don't want to have to get rid of it!!
    06-20-2019 06:01 PM