I backed up to the extra chip I put in. The phone would hardly work. It said it had no memory space left. I backed up my photos, and deleted them off the phone. I ran one of the prescribed backups. I thought I backed it up on my computer. I did a factory reset and lost all my contacts, apps etc. I tried to restore. Nothing! What a piece of junk system, this Android.
    06-21-2019 07:03 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Sorry, but it's hard to say exactly what happened, since your description is too vague. Do you mean you backed up your data to an SD card? What app or procedure did you use to do this backup? When you say you backed up your photos, do you mean you moved them to the SD card?

Sorry to say, but chances are you went about this incorrectly, which doesn't make Android a junk system. Keep in mind that there are plenty of horror stories of people losing their precious photos and other data on iPhones as well (in case you're assuming that side of the fence is so much better).
    06-21-2019 09:29 PM