Save big + get 3 months free! Sign up for ExpressVPN today

I have a Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus. I double tap on notifications on my lockscreen to open the app directly. Recently I've noticed that when I single tap on the notification, the notification panel sorts of drops down but not all the way. So when I double tap, I accidentally click on the button that says notification settings, instead of opening the app. I attached a screenshot of the lockscreen right after I tap on the notification.

I also observed this on only certain areas of the notification. Like when I click around the upper part (near the top edge) of the notification, this doesn't happen. But for most part, the notification panel drops down. Also, this only happens on the first notification, in case of multiple notifications on the lockscreen. Anyone else experiencing this? Appreciate your responses on this.
    Attached Thumbnails Why doesn't double tapping a notification on my lock screen open the app directly?-screenshot_20190622-104301_nova-launcher.jpg  
    06-21-2019 09:47 PM
    If you double tap on the name and then it prompts you open phone and you go right into that app , I dont see a issue?
    I have a Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus. I double tap on notifications on my lockscreen to open the app directly. Recently I've noticed that when I single tap on the notification, the notification panel sorts of drops down but not all the way. So when I double tap, I accidentally click on the button that says notification settings, instead of opening the app. I attached a screenshot of the lockscreen right after I tap on the notification.

I also observed this on only certain areas of the notification. Like when I click around the upper part (near the top edge) of the notification, this doesn't happen. But for most part, the notification panel drops down. Also, this only happens on the first notification, in case of multiple notifications on the lockscreen. Anyone else experiencing this? Appreciate your responses on this.
    06-21-2019 10:45 PM
    If you double tap on the name and then it prompts you open phone and you go right into that app , I dont see a issue?
    The screenshot I posted is what happens when I single tap the notification on the lockscreen. So when I double tap it, instead of opening the app directly, I accidentally click "Notification Settings" because on single tap, it drops down the notification panel as seen on the screenshot. Then on the second tap, I click on "Notification Settings".

I attached two photos, the first showing the notification on the lock screen. And the second is what happens when I single tap on that notification. It brings down the notification panel. So is it just me, or does it really do that?
    Attached Thumbnails Why doesn't double tapping a notification on my lock screen open the app directly?-screenshot_20190622-114919_nova-launcher.jpg   Why doesn't double tapping a notification on my lock screen open the app directly?-screenshot_20190622-114927_nova-launcher.jpg  
    06-21-2019 10:56 PM
    The screenshot I posted is what happens when I single tap the notification on the lockscreen. So when I double tap it, instead of opening the app directly, I accidentally click "Notification Settings" because on single tap, it drops down the notification panel as seen on the screenshot. Then on the second tap, I click on "Notification Settings".

I attached two photos, the first showing the notification on the lock screen. And the second is what happens when I single tap on that notification. It brings down the notification panel. So is it just me, or does it really do that?
    Yes that's way it does it on mine also , because the phone is locked with pin,password, fingerprint it wont go to that app until its unlocked, security feature.
    06-21-2019 10:59 PM
    Yes that's way it does it on mine also , because the phone is locked with pin,password, fingerprint it wont go to that app until its unlocked, security feature.
    Yeah but a single tap on the notification even when there is no security on the lock screen, it still brings down the notification panel. Sorry for asking again, but is it really suppose to do that or could I have accidentally changed something in the settings? It's because it's quite annoying to double tap on the notification only to accidentally tap on the "Notification settings" button. So instead of opening the app, I open notification settings.
    06-21-2019 11:03 PM
    Yeah but a single tap on the notification even when there is no security on the lock screen, it still brings down the notification panel. Sorry for asking again, but is it really suppose to do that or could I have accidentally changed something in the settings? It's because it's quite annoying to double tap on the notification only to accidentally tap on the "Notification settings" button. So instead of opening the app, I open notification settings.
    Let me test without security
    06-21-2019 11:05 PM
    Mine does same behavior with no security lock on just tap once and ask to swipe up.
    06-21-2019 11:12 PM
    What you're describing is intended behavior. Double tapping on the notification is not how it's supposed to work on Samsung. You probably came from a different brand?

Single tap on a notification is supposed to expand the notifications so you can see them better. It's your choice whether to have them show info on the lockscreen or not. Then tapping them from the notification panel is what opens the app. If you want a quick open to the app itself. Double tap the icon on the Always on Display.
    Ryan Cruz likes this.
    06-21-2019 11:32 PM
    Mine does same behavior with no security lock on just tap once and ask to swipe up.
    Thanks btw for the response.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    06-21-2019 11:39 PM
    What you're describing is intended behavior. Double tapping on the notification is not how it's supposed to work on Samsung. You probably came from a different brand?

Single tap on a notification is supposed to expand the notifications so you can see them better. It's your choice whether to have them show info on the lockscreen or not. Then tapping them from the notification panel is what opens the app. If you want a quick open to the app itself. Double tap the icon on the Always on Display.
    Right, so it actually is supposed to expand the notifications? Thanks for the response. Yeah, I came from an iPhone 7 but before that, came from a Galaxy S6. I don't remember single tapping on the notification to expand the notification panel, maybe got introduced after Marshmallow or maybe I just don't remember. Thank you! I thought maybe I changed something in the settings by accident.
    06-21-2019 11:42 PM
    What's funny is when I single tap on the lower half of the notification, it expands the notification panel. But when I tap on the upper portion, it only asks me to unlock the phone. So if I do double tap on the upper portion of the notification, that's when I get taken to the app directly.
    06-21-2019 11:45 PM
    What's funny is when I single tap on the lower half of the notification, it expands the notification panel. But when I tap on the upper portion, it only asks me to unlock the phone. So if I do double tap on the upper portion of the notification, that's when I get taken to the app directly.
    That's if the app supports opening directly if you tap on the app name. But generally that's not always the case.
    06-22-2019 02:21 AM