Does Android Self-Correct?

Emmi331

Jul 29, 2017
Visit site
It's an odd question, I know. I have a Galaxy S8. The other day there was a huge glitch on Samsung Pay, and I had to spend an hour & a half on the phone with Samsung to fix it. The procedure may have affected something else, since the next day I was denied the internet on my phone. What worked was powering it down, then back on, and the internet returned. But wait! There's more.
Within a day the phone was again refusing to let me access the internet. At some point it said I had an authentication error. I had tried the usual solutions, but did not want to keep powering the phone off just to have the internet for two hours.
To make a long story longer, I simply decided to take the phone into a reliable phone repair shop nearby the following day. I did not power it down, I just left it alone. Lo and behold, the following day everything was working fine and still is (but for how long?)....How did this happen - does the Android possess miraculous powers of self-healing? I truly want to know if it is able to correct its own problems without my help.
The good news is I had no repair bill to pay.
Thanks for reading this far - any thoughts on this?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Too many variables to determine. Phones don't self heal so something may have been conflicting. Could be a third party app or maybe a temporary bad connection. Instead of restarting you probably could have turned airplane mode off and on and achieved the same results

Emmi331

Jul 29, 2017
Visit site
I did turn it on and off....didn't seem to change anything.

And today the phone is refusing to let me on the internet through my wifi connection, though I can access it through my mobile network.

And the drumbeat of phone temperament goes on....

Maybe the darn thing will self-correct again.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I did turn it on and off....didn't seem to change anything.

And today the phone is refusing to let me on the internet through my wifi connection, though I can access it through my mobile network.

And the drumbeat of phone temperament goes on....

Maybe the darn thing will self-correct again.
You can go into settings>search bar type reset network settings.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Or you can try a McDonald's or Walmart or some other public WiFi. It's not impossible that the problem is something in your router that's only affecting your phone.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I also wonder if some 3rd party app you installed is causing this problem. You could try booting into Safe Mode and using it that way for a while (you'll only be able to use preinstalled apps, not anything you installed). If the problem doesn't happen in Safe Mode, then something you installed is causing the problem.

https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-34283

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freyon77