I bought the Samsung Galaxy A6 without knowing it does not contain all the features that other phones do. I never expect that Samsung is greedy to earn without concern on the customer's satisfaction.

I brought this Samsung galaxy A6 but it does not have the battery charging LED notifications. When the phone connects to the charger, it does not indicate that the phone is been charging. So, it is not easy to know that the phone has connected to power or not.

If someone argues that Samsung forgot to install these functions; I can say it is ok cos everyone does the mistakes even it can happen to electronics giant Samsung. But they never recall the products as Toyota always does.

During the last few months, the Android releases the software updates for Galaxy A6 for 3 times, but their software experts are also not clever enough to produce the software solution for these faults. Android could easily make the software solution for this issue, but they just did their jobs. Miserable, Android also may greedy not to spend time on Samsung mistakes.
    06-24-2019 06:25 AM
    Just as a side note, 'Android' is not at all involved in Samsung phones. Remember, Google builds the core OS (Android) and releases it to manufacturers for modifications on their own phones (add features, remove features, tweak stuff, etc.).

If you feel this is a bug or a suggested feature, have you reported this to Samsung via their feedback channels? They can't 'fix' what they don't know to be broken. Also, have you checked the Battery settings to see if maybe there's a toggle there for LED notification? I think I remember that option on previous phones (don't have one with an LED light now, so can't check).
    06-24-2019 08:09 AM
    I bought the Samsung Galaxy A6 without knowing it does not contain all the features that other phones do. I never expect that Samsung is greedy to earn without concern on the customer's satisfaction.
    It's not greed, it's capitalism. The more features you want, the more you'll pay. In Samsung's case, they are viewed by the masses as a premium brand and they are willing to pay an inflated price for it. You aren't the only one complaining about the lack of always on display for the A6, though.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/...ay/td-p/605726

As Spook said, this is something you have to address with Samsung directly, but they don't have a great customer service track record. Can you get a phone with all the features you want for the same price? Of course, but there will be tradeoffs. The hardware may not be as durable, the software may be buggy, the company may have shady practices, or buy a used one. Samsung isn't the only Android phone manufacturer out there, and it is up to you as the consumer to research and purchase the phone that best suits you within your budget.
    06-24-2019 08:48 AM
    Hi,What andriod version is your phone on ?
    I bought the Samsung Galaxy A6 without knowing it does not contain all the features that other phones exist. I never expect that Samsung sells its faults devices without recalling them.

I brought this Samsung galaxy A6 which does not have the LCD battery charging notifications. When the phone connects to the charger, it does not indicate that the phone is been charging. So, it is not easy to know that the phone has connected to the power cable.

If someone argues that Samsung forgot to install such functions in Galaxy A-6; I can say, it is ok cos everyone does the mistakes even it can happen to electronics giant Samsung as well. I wonder that Samsung earns billions; but why they do not generously recall the products. So, on generosity can we compare the Samsung with Toyota.

During the last few months, the Android releases the software updates for Galaxy A6 for 2 or 3 times, but they also not generous to give software solution for the faults. Android could easily make the software solution for this issue, but sometimes they also focus to do their jobs without much concern on customers satisfaction. Miserable, Android also greedy as Samsung to spend times to give solutions for someone's mistakes.
    06-25-2019 12:45 AM
    ...but why they do not generously recall the products. So, on generosity can we compare the Samsung with Toyota.
    Toyota's recalls were safety related. There is nothing unsafe about the lack of a battery charging indicator. When Samsung had the exploding Note 7 batteries, those did get recalled.
    06-25-2019 07:08 AM
    And don't confuse Samsung, Android (Google) and us - we're 3 totally separate entities, having very little to do with each other. Google develops Android. Samsung makes phones, modifies the vendor portion of Android and puts it in their phones. we're just users trying to help other users.

[Threads merged]
    06-25-2019 01:52 PM
    Just curious -- if you were running a company that made a certain item, and you had one version that was basic with cheapo parts, and one that was deluxe with lots of additional features and premium parts, would you price them the same? Would that make any sense to you?
    Rukbat likes this.
    06-25-2019 02:29 PM