Free touch app is popping up with disturbing ads every 10 seconds. how can i resolve this?
    06-25-2019 04:58 AM
    Does it persist in Safe Mode?
    06-25-2019 06:48 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? See this guide: Full screen ads. How to find the culprit. - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
    06-25-2019 01:49 PM
    I would recommend 2 apps, the first is appcoices which lets you turn off lots of ads that you're apps use, 2nd is Google settings, this lets you set up your Google accounts, if you're like me and use about 20 different accounts you might have tons and tons of ads like i did, also in Google settings you can reset your ad id, i think this is a great way to fix the popups, both of these apps are in the Google play store, also the Google settings app May not be necessary, every android has this functionality but some devices are just really tricky to find the Google settings, while others have the Google settings in the app drawer by default, so if it doesn't i would just install both apps and start taking back control of your android, also if you're still getting popups i would just remove every account and reboot, then see your if that fixes it, if it does then you know one of your accounts has adaware attached to it
    06-25-2019 06:27 PM
    Once you clicked on Google app settings, then click on Google account, now you have to scroll over to the right and click on data and personalation, here is the stuff you want to turn off, web and app activity, once you click on those you will keep hitting pause until there all off, once you go back now they will show paused, if everything else failed to fix the problem, more than likely this is the answer, hope this helps, it worked for me, there are plunty of YouTube videos if you'd rather do it that way, just search for disable full screen ads on android
    06-25-2019 06:43 PM
    Also if the Google settings didn't fix it, you might have to do this for every Google account, once you have fixed one account go back to the top and click on your account name then switch to other accounts and repeat the process
    06-25-2019 06:45 PM
    What happens is as you surf the web your accounts are open to basically step on gum, and it sticks to your account, which these steps should fix, also one last tip, i dont remember how but there is a way to see connected accounts, this is every service you have signed up for, like a app or website, sometimes these services come with ads that attach to your accounts, which if that happens you could fix the problem just for it to come back, if it does you will have to find this list and un link every service you don't recognize or don't use anymore,
    06-25-2019 06:51 PM
    Heres some general information about linking services to your Google account
    https://support.google.com/accounts/.../3466521?hl=en
    06-25-2019 07:01 PM
    Also i would then scroll over to the right a bit more and go to security, under 3rd party apps, click manage 3rd party access, now you can see all the apps you have given permission to access your account, unlink everything you don't recognize or don't use anymore
    06-25-2019 07:19 PM
    Once you have completed all these steps you should have got your control back, hope this helps, i would also like to add something, i was experiencing ad loops for a few days, every app that has ads it wouldn't do anything but keep replying ads over and over, so i finally just removed the account i suspected might have adaware attached to it, and it completely fixed it, so if i sign back into that account i will have to go through all the steps above till it gets resolved, one last tip, what might help prevent this is a good anti virus or anti malware, right now im using avast if it actually stops these infections we can start recommending ppl use avast while looking for apks or surfing the web, also maybe something to scan all apks before installing would be a good idea, this is what gets me a lot because i install lots of apks, usually everything is fine, but every once in a while ill get malicious ads, well sorry for rambling but since this issue seems to be infected soo many people now a days, people need to know what's going on
    06-25-2019 07:40 PM