Mobile internet

mohaned bahar

Jun 26, 2019
Visit site
Hi

I Have a brother now in Sudan The Internet has been disconnected from ISP Because of their desire not to publish what is going on there As you know they are in a state of revolution. The question is whether data can be returned or how you can help him to connect again

Attachments

• Screenshot_٢٠١٩٠٦٢٦-٠٩٠٧٠٢.jpg
    Screenshot_٢٠١٩٠٦٢٦-٠٩٠٧٠٢.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_٢٠١٩٠٦٢٦-٠٩٠٨٤٦.jpg
    Screenshot_٢٠١٩٠٦٢٦-٠٩٠٨٤٦.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_٢٠١٩٠٦٢٦-٠٩٠٩٠٣.jpg
    Screenshot_٢٠١٩٠٦٢٦-٠٩٠٩٠٣.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_٢٠١٩٠٦٢٦-٠٩٠٩١١.jpg
    Screenshot_٢٠١٩٠٦٢٦-٠٩٠٩١١.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 7

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Tough situation.:'( I'm not an expert in this field, but I imagine that he'd have to get a satellite internet phone, which I'd guess is considered contraband by the authorities there. I'm guessing a VPN won't work if the internet is completely disconnected.

mohaned bahar

Jun 26, 2019
Visit site
Greetings to you brother The satellite Internet also needs the consent of the authorities in that country The only Internet now operating there is the ground internet via cables adsl However, any new connection has been stopped Is it possible to increase the range of Wi-Fi?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Is it possible to increase the range of Wi-Fi?
The longest WiFi link ever established was 237 miles (381 km) - see https://www.wired.com/2007/06/w-wifi-record-2/. But not with a standard router. (If he has internet on his phone [even local, within Sudan internet], he could try a VPN connection to a VPN server outside the country, but that's risky. [I guess I don't have to tell you what happens if he's caught.])

How about voice? Can he call you? Or can you call him? (Or text?)

By the way, sorry about his situation. I know how difficult it is to not know how a family member is doing.

Oh - satellite data comes in 2 forms - a dish on the roof, feeding a transceiver and router in the house, or a satellite phone with data capability.

mohaned bahar

Jun 26, 2019
Visit site
Greetings brother
thanks for your interest
Yes, phone calls sometimes work but little.

The data signal is working on the phone but even using social media does not work.he is try meny vbn But nothing changed.

The Internet works if you use a sim card from another country with international roaming
But keep problem charging the sim
I also wish I could find something I can do to help them communicate their voice to everyone

With great thanks and respect