Hi thanks for reading I'm at my whits end. Phone, Samsung Galaxy J3(6). And yeah I've done all the protocols. There's like 2 apps I'm allowed on the phone without it tipping over. There's no background apps. I've tried factory reset.

Basically, my theory is, the family member that bought this phone, bought a phone, that has memory that is 95% roughly used up by the operating system. I go onto the drive directory from my computer, and check all the folders. In total, they amount to 117MB. But on my This PC page, I've got 697 MB free of 4.77 GB. And because this is the case, I'm constantly getting error message. "Google Play has Stopped Responding". That's the most frequent one, and when I restart the phone, it forgets which thing is responding in a sort of roulette to see what app I won't be allowed to use next. Man it's even cut me off during phone calls with potential employers. I don't know what's causing it, if anyone has any suggestions please I'm all ears.
    06-26-2019 11:30 AM
    Adoptable storage?
    06-26-2019 11:44 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! When you say "low memory," do you mean that the phone keeps running out of RAM (i.e., the memory where apps reside when they're active), or the internal storage?
    06-26-2019 11:52 AM
    @belodion - not on a Samsung.

To the original poster:

Install a terminal app, like Terminal Emulator for Android and type
    df
    into the terminal. (If you hold the phone in landscape mode, it will be easier to read.) The bottom line of the report (usually) will be something like emulated/0 or sdcard. That's how much space you have in total for all your music, pictures, videos, apps, data, everything. The rest of the 8 or 16GB (it comes in 2 models) is used by the system, and a 16GB phone in 2019 is basically for phone calls, texts and emails. There's not much you can add to it. (Even a 32GB phone is getting a bit cramped these days.)

Apps keep getting larger, Android keeps getting larger, the kernel (Linux) keeps getting larger, so there's less space for apps. I wouldn't consider a 16GB phone a "smart" phone any more.
    belodion likes this.
    06-26-2019 05:12 PM
    not on a Samsung.
    There's a workaround using ADB commands on Samsung devices, isn't there?
    06-27-2019 01:37 AM
    Hi thanks for reading I'm at my whits end. Phone, Samsung Galaxy J3(6). And yeah I've done all the protocols. There's like 2 apps I'm allowed on the phone without it tipping over. There's no background apps. I've tried factory reset.

Basically, my theory is, the family member that bought this phone, bought a phone, that has memory that is 95% roughly used up by the operating system. I go onto the drive directory from my computer, and check all the folders. In total, they amount to 117MB. But on my This PC page, I've got 697 MB free of 4.77 GB. And because this is the case, I'm constantly getting error message. "Google Play has Stopped Responding". That's the most frequent one, and when I restart the phone, it forgets which thing is responding in a sort of roulette to see what app I won't be allowed to use next. Man it's even cut me off during phone calls with potential employers. I don't know what's causing it, if anyone has any suggestions please I'm all ears.
    Did you reset without restore? Did you clear the cache partition? Try Safe mode? With your free ram play services should be able to work. Good luck
    If you are referring to the ssd internal memory, run Data Size Explorerer from the playstore and see if there are things delectable and duplicates. Use the cloud account to clear Data from the phone and save to the cloud, making a backup also.
    06-27-2019 02:14 AM
    There's a workaround using ADB commands on Samsung devices, isn't there?
    Something like https://www.xda-developers.com/enabl...7-and-s7-edge/, but I still wouldn't use it (for reasons I've mentioned many times).
    B. Diddy likes this.
    06-27-2019 12:15 PM