We will be traveling in Ireland with our Galaxy S 4 Mini. Do we need a voltage converter or can the phone adapt to both American and European voltage on its own.

Thanks.
    06-26-2019 07:42 PM
    The phone itself accepts standards USB voltages that are the same around the world. The power supply you plug into the wall needs to accept various voltages and frequencies depending on its intended retail location, and should have a label on it listing the voltage and frequency ranges (if it didn't get worn away by use, as often happens). I found this site, which has a good write up on Ireland's electrical outlets.

https://www.power-plugs-sockets.com/ireland/

If you're in a country that needs an adaptor and/or converter to travel to Ireland, I think I'd just save the hassle and buy a new power supply there. It'll still output the same USB standard power ratings and not be as cumbersome as using additional adapters. If you plan to also power other devices (laptop, camera chargers, appliances you bring, etc), then buying an adaptor and converter may be a worthwhile investment. USB power supplies are generally cheap, so that may even be cheaper than the adaptors.
    hallux likes this.
    06-26-2019 08:16 PM
    Hi , between US which uses 110V and other countries which 220V or 240V you'll definitely need a converter adapter, if you can please make a account we can talk more , thank you
    We will be traveling in Ireland with our Galaxy S 4 Mini. Do we need a voltage converter or can the phone adapt to both American and European voltage on its own.

Thanks.
    06-26-2019 09:33 PM
    This is the OEM charger for the Note 9. The input listing is what you need to pay most attention to. In this case, the charger is compatible with all voltages and frequencies worldwide, and would only need an adaptor. A converter that actually changes the voltage and frequency would be unnecessary. If your OEM S4 Mini charger has this same input rating, then you'd be ok with just an adaptor. I'd still not rule out just going the easy route and buy a new charger when you get there, depending on price.How do I determine if my Samsung Galaxy S 4 Mini is dual voltage?-img_20190626_213010.jpeg
    06-26-2019 10:40 PM
    Good point mooncat
    This is the OEM charger for the Note 9. The input listing is what you need to pay most attention to. In this case, the charger is compatible with all voltages and frequencies worldwide, and would only need an adaptor. A converter that actually changes the voltage and frequency would be unnecessary. If your OEM S4 Mini charger has this same input rating, then you'd be ok with just an adaptor. I'd still not rule out just going the easy route and buy a new charger when you get there, depending on price.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190626_213010.jpeg 
Views:	3 
Size:	75.3 KB 
ID:	304818
    06-26-2019 10:44 PM
    Virtually all modern tech comes with a dual-voltage charger. Just look at that fine print that Mooncatt showed, and I'm betting that your charger is dual-voltage.
    06-27-2019 01:25 PM
    Virtually all modern tech comes with a dual-voltage charger. Just look at that fine print that Mooncatt showed, and I'm betting that your charger is dual-voltage.
    And don't forget, dual frequency as well!
    B. Diddy likes this.
    06-27-2019 01:54 PM
    True, but you can still find the occasional cheapie cheapie phones that are 2.4 GHz only!
    06-27-2019 01:58 PM
    True, but you can still find the occasional cheapie cheapie phones that are 2.4 GHz only!
    No, I meant the electrical cycle frequency. The U.S. Uses 60Hz AC voltage, but Ireland uses 50Hz according to the article I linked above.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    06-27-2019 02:06 PM