So to start off, I'm serving in the military, just a "beginner" if you may. I've left home about 5 months ago, came home today for a "holiday" for a few days. I was in a hurry so I accidentally left my phone with the case on, in it's original box, which didn't quite fit inside it, and it led to the phone's side buttons (the power button and etc.) being pressed constantly. The phone had been restarting all the time until the battery died, which I'm sure took a lot of time and a lot of restarts one after one. So the thing is now after 5 months I came back, put the phone back to charge and I gotta say the battery drains really fast.... I could go for an entire day and half with a single charge back then, but now it drains like 10-15% an hour.
    06-26-2019 08:26 PM
    So to start off, I'm serving in the military, just a "beginner" if you may. I've left home about 5 months ago, came home today for a "holiday" for a few days. I was in a hurry so I accidentally left my phone with the case on, in it's original box, which didn't quite fit inside it, and it led to the phone's side buttons (the power button and etc.) being pressed constantly. The phone had been restarting all the time until the battery died, which I'm sure took a lot of time and a lot of restarts one after one. So the thing is now after 5 months I came back, put the phone back to charge and I gotta say the battery drains really fast.... I could go for an entire day and half with a single charge back then, but now it drains like 10-15% an hour.
    Hi , welcome to the forums , and welcome back home .
    If you can make a account here so we can talk more about your phone . Thank you
    06-26-2019 09:30 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
    2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
    3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
    4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/gen...d-central.html. You'll have to register on this forum first. https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html

You might have to install a 3rd party battery monitor, like GSam Battery Monitor, to get the Cell Signal Strength graph.
    06-27-2019 01:33 PM
    If I'm reading correctly, the phone was stored in the box, where the restarts drained the battery and it sat in that discharged state for 5months? If so, then I hate to say that I think your battery is toast. Li-ion batteries are not designed to be deep cycle batteries, and draining them like that damages their chemical properties. Draining it and then leaving it in a low charge state makes it even worse. You can get more info about it here.

https://batteryuniversity.com/index....ased_batteries

You may get lucky and be able to file a warranty claim, but I wouldn't be surprised if you had to pay out of pocket to replace it. While accidental, leaving your battery drained like that could be considered abuse, and warranties typically don't cover abuse.

Regarding the phone itself, I doubt those restarts would make any appreciable difference to the hardware, beyond the early battery demise.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    06-27-2019 02:00 PM