Hi,

I have a year-and-a-half old Pixel 2 XL that hasn't been giving me many issues, but today it started having issues where when plugged in to charge with a low battery (1-2%) it would shut off, then cycle between the charging images of a full battery and a battery with a charging bolt in it, all while not actually charging past 2% battery. Based on other answers, it seems to be a motherboard issue that typically leads to a replacement through Google, but my screen is currently damaged and I'm not sure if they would take it for replacement. Are there other alternatives I should try? It also began shutting off while charging about a day ago as well.

I've already tried:
    - Cleaning out the charging port
    - Changing cables
    - Restarting in Safe Mode
    - Restarting in General
    06-27-2019 02:05 AM
    1st, never let the battery get that DC and not expect problems.
    Charge it, regular speed till its at at least 80%. Reset the battery stats and keep track of what's going on in Settings, Battery, Usage Stats. Good luck
    06-27-2019 03:18 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! How long have you left it plugged into a wall outlet undisturbed? What if you leave it for a good 6-8 hours -- is it still only at 2%?
    06-27-2019 01:17 PM
    The first half hour, a battery discharged that far won't be charging, the charger is in what's called "pre-charge" mode. As B. Diddy said, leave it plugged in for at least a few hours (preferably turned off) and see if it accepts a charge. If not, or if it discharges fast after it's fully charged, contact Pixel Phone Help. (Or if there's a uBreakiFix near you, bring it into them.) (Batteries aren't covered under the warranty.)

And for longest battery life, keep the battery between 40% and 95%. If you can't charge it when it gets to 40%, turn it off. (Install GSam Battery Monitor and set the low limit to 40%, so you don;t have to keep watching it.)
    06-27-2019 04:33 PM