This device just went off sometimes back, since its screen was shattered, I never gave a thought as to why it was not powering, I simply thought everything was ok on the MOBO and that the screen wasn't communicating nicely. When I connected to my MacBook, it indicates that a USB device has been connected- surprisingly, it indicates so with or without battery.

when connected, the computer indicates: "0e8d:0003 mediatek inc. MT6227" and "Communication device" before expanding detail.

Recently I passed by a shop and happen to have its complete set(LCD + digitizer/touch) and I bought them, when I mounted everything in place, I was surprised that the device is still in the same condition, no response while charging or powering on.

I thought It might be the power key, so I removed the key side buttons and soldered two wires to the power pins but no response still.

About the power, I have tried two batteries, and an original Infinix charger.
    Futhermore, I tested the potential on the battery terminals and noted something weird, with one terminal connected, the voltage seems roughly 2.x Volts on the other two open points(meter connected to bat & phone terminal).

Everything (physically) seems ok on the MOBO.
    please advise,
    regards.
    06-27-2019 03:01 AM
    Futhermore, I tested the potential on the battery terminals and noted something weird, with one terminal connected, the voltage seems roughly 2.x Volts on the other two open points(meter connected to bat & phone terminal).
    "0%" charge is about 3.2 Volts. But the battery can go all the way down to 0 Volts. So what you have is a dead battery. Plug the charger in, leave it for at least 4 hours, then see if the voltage has come up. If not, the battery is shot - dispose of it properly (not as normal trash). (The first half hour or so, depending on how bad the battery is, will be "pre-charging" - bring the battery up to "0%".)

If the battery is shot, then you'll have to replace it.

(One terminal is +, one is -, the others are a thermistor [connected between that pin and + or -, depending on the battery] to monitor heat and, possibly, a dummy terminal [one not connected to anything]. Or two terminals for the thermistor.)
    06-28-2019 02:28 PM