So I was just trying to flash Lineage OS on my new redmi note 7, since MIUI kinda sucks, and it didnt really seem to work. So after a few tries and restarts, my phone started requesting the Password for an Email address I entered into my lock screen when I first got the phone, in case Id ever loose it and someone would find the person could message me. But as it turns out, the m in my email addresses .com is missing and the phone keeps asking for the emails password to start Android instead of the usual PIN code. I figured I should just try wiping it completely, but after a lot of wasted time and energy, I still havent found a method to factory reset it. Please help, I know this is a very specific issue, but maybe there is someone here who could just help me out. Thanks in advance
    06-27-2019 12:16 PM
    You can't factory reset without the Google account login and password. (If it were that easy - just steal a phone, factory reset it and it works - there would be no reason for locking it, since anyone could unlock it. [Yes, you can reflash the phone without clearing the user data.])

So you're going to have to put in your Google login and password - there's no way around it.
    06-27-2019 03:37 PM