My phone logged me into this other person's facebook page, somehow this person's email and password were saved on my chrome app. When I logged off, I went to the first page again to try and log in to my own, and I saw her's above my account. I clicked on my id, logged in and logged out. I checked my phone's passwords under the Password setting and found her email, her facebook ID, her email and facebook passwords synced under my google and facebook. I have had this phone 6 months, straight out of the box. I don't know this person, our names aren't remotely the similar, our origins aren't the same. My phone never asked me to save her details whenever it was put in or maybe google/chrome did it somewhere else. I want to tell her to change her passwords but how did this happen and how do I prevent this from happening again?
    06-27-2019 02:41 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Could it be that you had logged into your Google account on some computer browser (like at work, or at a public place), and then didn't log out when you were done? If so, then it's possible this person started using the browser after you did, and her passwords started syncing to your Google account via Chrome sync.
    06-27-2019 03:16 PM
    I was not logged in anywhere else at the time. The other person's log in was 10,000 miles away in a city I used to live 2 years ago. I have changed my password for google a few times since then as well as Facebook.
    06-27-2019 03:36 PM
    If this account was only visible through Chrome, then go to the Chrome settings and clear your browsing history "From the beginning of time" (and do the same on your desktop Chrome browser). Make sure you have 2-factor authentication turned on for your Google account as well. Now see if that account keeps coming back.
    06-27-2019 04:37 PM
    I removed my browser history, 'forgot' all of her ID and passwords that were 'saved' restarted my phone and this morning I still see her info and now my old office and their password. I sent an email to them to change their passwords and tell the teacher also, but no response yet. I don't see how this is possible if I have changed my passwords even yesterday and today.
    06-28-2019 09:21 AM
    Go to Settings>Accounts ​(in the system settings, not the Chrome settings). Any accounts there other than your own?
    06-28-2019 12:11 PM
    I ended up factory resetting my phone. Currently in the process of reinstalling all the apps. Thus-far it looks like it removed the connections. I still have no idea how this happens.
    06-28-2019 02:02 PM
    Keep us posted, if it starts happening again. That would indicate a serious security breach on Google's part, and they'd definitely want to know about it. (Put @Rukbat in the post, so I get notified, so I can come back to this thread and give you further instructions.)

But if it doesn't happen again, consider it a glitch (unless you let other people use your phone - which can cause someone who thinks it's funny to do something like this to you).
    06-28-2019 02:35 PM
    This, if described accurately, has a high probability of your info also available to the other person, and anyone they shared it with. I would be also get a new SIM card, and factory resetting again . Do not use Restore. From a desktop I would change every password for all apps, and go through your Gdrive, making sure that no one turned on any link sharing.
    Use the browser for fb, not the app if you can.
    06-28-2019 03:17 PM
    You should check your Google security settings through a browser. There you'll want to do the Google security checkup, it will take you through a series of questions and settings that everyone should go through periodically anyway. Meanwhile the one I would like you to focus on is, devices and locations where you are logged in. This section will show you anyplace that you are currently logged in and here's the kicker with Google even if you change your password once you've said this PC, this device, this whatever, is private and don't ask me to sign in again you will remain logged in on that device until you log out and as far as I know only going through the security check and viewing where you're logged in and selecting to log out of that session will it end. Which is how this may have happened. Did you sell a laptop, PC or device in that area before you left?

The security check will also tell you how long you've been logged into that device. For example I found that I had been logged into a work PC for over 3 months once. I luckily didn't end up with anyone else's personal info but at the same time mine had been vulnerable that whole time. They could see my pics, my drive account, my calendar, my voice account if they had been looking.

Factory resetting your phone may help some but honestly I don't believe it will do any good because you're attacking a cloud problem locally. Google doesn't care if you factory reset your phone as long as you have the password to log back in, that other login is unaffected. Do the security check first, make sure you've ended all seasons except the one you're currently in, then you might consider doing 2 step verification. I know if you do 2 step it will ask if you want to do the security check but unless you go in and choose to sign out of all other sessions I'm pretty sure even turning on 2 step won't matter if you're already logged in to a device you've previously said your trust. If you somehow get logged out on your first login attempt it will ask for verification and will again ask if you trust that device but I'm pretty sure only after you've logged out.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    06-28-2019 09:16 PM
    Did you buy this phone used and not have to go through the setup process? This could happen if someone sells/gives away their phone without logging out or resetting it.
    06-28-2019 09:25 PM
    Good Article: How a trivial cell phone hack is ruining lives
    http://flip.it/gVHR_6
    06-29-2019 02:11 AM