Sync went crazy

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Samsung GalaxyS4 cellphone all of a sudden has events on the calendar that are not mine, I don't see a delete option. How do I get rid of them. My PC calendar is correct, it's just off on my cellphone one.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are the events associated with your Google account? If so, do they seem like spam, or do they actually seem like someone else's events?

kct1975

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Just a thought...

Is the OP talking about Brithdays and Holidays, including obscure Holidays (like National Pizza Day or Donut Day) being all over the Calendar ?

The reason I am asking is that a couple of years ago, I had a similar problem with having a odd notifications pop up for events that I had not set, and odd reminders for Birthdays that I had not set.

After doing a little digging, I found that Google had 'helpfully' downloaded to my Google Calendar the Birthdays of every single one of contacts that had a Gmail Account, whether or not I had manually added the birthday to the contact. Apparently Google had pulled the birthdays from Google +.

Additionally, Google added every single holiday possible, including things like Earth Day, Pizza Day, etc.

Personally I was never to delete the calendar appointments, but I did remove the 'Reminders'.

The other issue might be that the OP has added a 'companion' Gmail account to their login. I had that happen also, where at one point, I had to create a shared corporate Gmail account for work. I logged into the corporate account using my Chrome browser, and it added the corporate account to my Gmail login as a buddy account, and then Google 'helpfully' merged all of the calendar appointments on the corporate Gmail account with my personal Gmail calendar. My only fix for that was to make certain that that when I was logged into the corporate Gmail account, I was completely logged out of my Gmail account and vice-versa.

Sorry for the long post, but those are just a few of my thoughts.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney