Have been using our Samsung 2a chargers which work fine, eventually wear out. I see a lot of smart chargers and wonder if they'd be any better than standard chargers?
    06-28-2019 10:53 AM
    Smart chargers are basically the same as OEM chargers. They are able to step to varying charging rates depending on what the battery circuit tells them.
    The Samsung Adaptive Fast chargers are an example.
    06-28-2019 10:57 AM
    I've been using my 2 Amp Samsung charger for almost 6 years now - and it hasn't "worn out". There's nothing in it to wear out, except the USB connector if you're rough plugging the cable in.

As chanchan said, a smart charger will only "smart charge" a phone that has a smart charging chip in it. For an older phone, with standard charging, there's no difference between a dumb charger, a smart charger and a 30 Amp bench supply (which is what I used in my stores for years - one "charger" supplied cables for all repair positions [the "charger" is just a power supply - the actual charger is a chip in the phone]).
    06-28-2019 01:28 PM