What is my clipboard under on my J7.
    06-28-2019 06:54 PM
    As far as I know there's no way to access your clipboard and physically see what's on it. Anything on your clipboard is overwritten as soon as you copy the next thing so to see what's on your clipboard you can open an app like SMS and open a text field, press and hold that field until paste appears and then paste whatever is there and in that way you can see what's on your clipboard. If your issue is something auto filling that's not your clipboard. That would either be your auto fill or prediction function. The location of either of those may vary depending on the app that it occurs in. Google will often auto fill some fields, if you've granted it permission, but it will also try to predict entries based on words you've used in the past. Your keyboard may also do this and may also have an auto fill feature depending on the keyboard app. So if you believe you have something on your clipboard open any text field and paste and if you want to change your clipboard open any text field and copy...
    06-28-2019 07:12 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Some Samsung phones have an enhanced clipboard that allows you to save multiple items, but I don't think the J7 has it. If it did, it'd be accessible from the Samsung Keyboard app, usually by tapping a special key next to the spacebar.
    06-29-2019 02:41 AM
    My Samsung os saves the last 20 that I can see on a clipboard whose access is available by long pressing any text field, such as a browser search bar. Good luck
    06-29-2019 03:27 AM
    My Samsung os saves the last 20 that I can see on a clipboard whose access is available by long pressing any text field, such as a browser search bar. Good luck
    So I had to look this up because I've never seen or heard of multiple things being saved that could just be pasted. I don't use the Samsung keyboard I use Gboard. So I opened a text field expecting to have to change my keyboard to find this feature but Gboard seems to offer something. I didn't enable it but the pop-up I got says, "Any text you copy will be saved to your Gboard clipboard for 1 hour. You can also pin text to save it longer." I'm not sure if this would work on any device just by using Gboard but if you can't find it any other way this may be an option.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    06-29-2019 06:18 AM
    Gboard just recently introduced an enhanced clipboard manager that can save multiple items as well. I'm not sure if it's universally available, or if it's still only available on beta (I'm on beta), but to get it, bring up Gboard, tap the arrow at the top left, then tap the clipboard icon (if available).

There are so many variants of the J7, it's possible that some of them have this feature natively on the Samsung Keyboard, while others don't. Look up the manual online for your specific variant and see what's mentioned there. Here's the one for AT&T, and pg 33 suggests that it might have an enhanced clipboard manager: http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/co...8_FINAL_AC.pdf
    06-29-2019 12:40 PM