Hi,
    I just bought a Samsung S10 to finally check out of the iPhone club. So far everything has been pretty smooth, except for my notes that used to be kept in Apple Notes.
    I'm looking for a free replacement solution that can sync over the cloud, so that I can keep notes in sync on my S10 and my Macbook Pro. For example Evernote, Google Keep, MS OneNote and Simple Note.
    I thought it would be easy to export the notes and import in another solution, but that doesn't seem to be the case =(

As far as exporting goes, I can save the notes to markdown .md files using the Exporter osx app, which retains the created date. However I havent found an app for my purpose that imports .md files.
    Or I can save them to .txt files using note2Txt which can be imported in some apps, but then the dates are all removed, i.e. I have hundreds of random-order notes.
    Third option is to switch Apple Notes to use my "Gmail Notes" instead of iCloud, which saves the notes as messages under the "Notes" tag in Gmail. However, I haven't found an Android app that support these files.

Is there anyone else who's made the switch from iOS to Android that had a similar issues with Notes?
    06-29-2019 05:54 PM
    I'm pretty sure Apple made it proprietary. Meaning only Apple Notes can make use of Apple Notes backups properly. That's usually how they do things. So I doubt you'd find any app to import them properly without you manually doing it yourself.
    06-29-2019 06:13 PM
    Hi,
    I just bought a Samsung S10 to finally check out of the iPhone club. So far everything has been pretty smooth, except for my notes that used to be kept in Apple Notes.
    I'm looking for a free replacement solution that can sync over the cloud, so that I can keep notes in sync on my S10 and my Macbook Pro. For example Evernote, Google Keep, MS OneNote and Simple Note.
    I thought it would be easy to export the notes and import in another solution, but that doesn't seem to be the case =(

As far as exporting goes, I can save the notes to markdown .md files using the Exporter osx app, which retains the created date. However I havent found an app for my purpose that imports .md files.
    Or I can save them to .txt files using note2Txt which can be imported in some apps, but then the dates are all removed, i.e. I have hundreds of random-order notes.
    Third option is to switch Apple Notes to use my "Gmail Notes" instead of iCloud, which saves the notes as messages under the "Notes" tag in Gmail. However, I haven't found an Android app that support these files.

Is there anyone else who's made the switch from iOS to Android that had a similar issues with Notes?
    This what I've found looks like 4 different ways to do it
    https://drfone.wondershare.com/trans...o-android.html
    06-29-2019 07:40 PM
    1. drfone is an iffy app. Some people have had major problems with their phones after using it.

2. Method 4 seems about best (if it maintains dates).
    06-30-2019 03:37 PM