I need to hard reset my tablet after not been used for 5 years and normally I have forgotten my passcode

I have tried doing the Volume+ and Power Buttons technique but it won't work.The only three result I have been getting are:

1.-It goes black, after blinking on a purple screen
    2.-It reboots normally
    3.-It just goes on black screen and doesn't work
    06-30-2019 01:48 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! You have to keep them pressed for a little while, like in this video:

Is that what you're doing?
    Natsuki Subaru likes this.
    06-30-2019 01:56 PM
    I have tried that a few times already, it really was the most similar to the model im using.
    My problem is it won't normally go to recovery mode screen nor does it show the "no command/dead bot" screen.

I'm thinking one of the possibilities is that the ram is busted, or I need to try flashing roms like I was recommended to, but i tried checking if the the tablet was broken, but it works perfectly fine, except for the overly fast use of battery life.

Thx for the reply
    06-30-2019 02:59 PM
    I have tried that a few times already, it really was the most similar to the model im using.
    My problem is it won't normally go to recovery mode screen nor does it show the "no command/dead bot" screen.

I'm thinking one of the possibilities is that the ram is busted, or I need to try flashing roms like I was recommended to, but i tried checking if the the tablet was broken, but it works perfectly fine, except for the overly fast use of battery life.

Thx for the reply
    P.S (Btw im the one who started the thread, i just forgot to register)
    06-30-2019 03:00 PM
    If the tablet hasn't been used for 5 years there's a pretty strong chance the battery needs replacing
    Rukbat likes this.
    06-30-2019 03:15 PM
    Change "pretty strong chance" to "virtual certainty". And there are 2 major problems:

1. The chance of finding a new battery that will fit in a 9 year old tablet is probably below 0. (The battery manufacturers probably get orders for new batteries for the first 6 months of a device's life - from then on, you're buying an old battery. By now, you probably won't find one that works - it's been sitting on the shelf for years, and they self-discharge even in sealed containers.)

2. That tablet, if you could find one new, would also have a dead battery, and cost a lot less than paying a shop to replace the battery in the tablet you have. But it also wouldn't work.

Your best bet is to buy a new cheap 7" tablet (there are plenty of them in the $20-$40 range (if you want a tablet running 2015 firmware with almost no storage), or go for a decent tablet (running at least Oreo) with at least 32GB of storage and 2GB or RAM (preferably running Pie, with 128GB of storage and 4GB or more of RAM).
    B. Diddy likes this.
    06-30-2019 04:41 PM