Why does my screen go green and glitchy after 30 sec of watching in 720p60?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I use android. So I was watching a video I uploaded on 720p60. It's the quality I best use. The video will play fine at first but after 30 sec, the video will turn into a green screen, while the audio, pause button and options are available. After 3 seconds into the green screen, it will buffer, and play/pause every millisecond. It has never happened before, and so I've tried also the exact action on iOS, and it gives me an error after 30 sec saying "Error, Tap to retry." Ive told friends to try on their phones and same thing. If they have android they will get a green glitch screen, and on iOS it will become an error. Any resolution that isn't 720p60 will play fine.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
720p60 is 60fps. Your screen (and the electronics driving it) probably can't handle much more than 30fps. (720p is 30fps.)

As for "play/pause every millisecond", I doubt it. You can't see faster than 1 frame every 15 ms. That's about 400fps. Every millisecond would be seeing at a 1,000fps speed - human eyes can't do that.

(I have no idea why anyone would shoot production video at 720p60 - there's almost nothing that can display it, outside a lab.)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Where did you upload this video to -- YouTube? Google Photos? Does that mean this only happens when you're streaming the video? Is there an original file on device storage that you can play using a video player app, and if so, does the same thing happen there?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante