Hi all,

Using a Pixel 3 I started getting some really odd text notifications recently in my car. I think it happened after the most recent update.

So, I get notifications I got a text from someoneone (who is in my address book or who has texted recently), and it reads "snapchat code #####, happy snapping".

These "texts" ford is showing don't show up in messages. I've texted friends who I haven't talked to in months who the car said I was getting these snap texts from and they say they haven't texted me. It will also read the snapchat code thing instead of the actual messages people text me.

I've uninstalled snapchat, restarted phone, etc. I'm at an absolute loss and after a couple weeks or week of this I'm starting to go insane.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    Mike
    07-02-2019 08:23 AM
    Update: I updated my phone and reset Sync to factory default and Snapchat still uninstalled. Was working and reading texts again until I tried to sync my phone book. After phone book downloaded the wires texts resumed. Any help would be appreciated.
    07-05-2019 10:46 AM
    Update: I updated my phone and reset Sync to factory default and Snapchat still uninstalled. Was working and reading texts again until I tried to sync my phone book. After phone book downloaded the wires texts resumed. Any help would be appreciated.
    Still having this issue. Anyone have any ideas? I get text notifications for real texts, I play them and get snapchat codes over my ford sync bluetooth. I uninstalled snapchat and updated my phone to no avail.
    07-23-2019 09:42 AM